Friday, January 30, 2009

January front page - a data month

Earlier in January in Has Access Economics done Australia a grave disservice? - 1 I started an analysis of Australian economic performance. Events since then have intervened.

I remain of the view that Access did do us a grave disservice despite the gloomy discussion since. However, I have felt the need to do a more detailed check of data before writing any more. It is absolutely impossible to rely on reporting in the current climate.

I am keeping this post as the front page until the end of January. I am also going to bring up a series of past-dated posts based on the date of events. I feel the need to create a time based record to provide a proper base for subsequent analysis.

I don't know about you, but I get very confused, finding it difficult to maintain any form of stable equilibrium in the face of constant variability. I will provide summary details of the posts as they come up on this page.

No comments: